خدمات پژواک

بخش عکاسى پژواک

پوشش خبری انتخابات

صفحه ویژۀ معادن

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

خدمات پيام هاى تجارتى پژواک

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Nearly a dozen security men killed in Uruzgan attack

Nearly a dozen security men killed in Uruzgan attack

May 28, 2017 - 18:36

TIRINKOT (Pajhwok): Insurgents launched attacks on security posts in the Charchino district of central Uruzgan province on Saturday night, killing nearly 11 security men, with the firefight still ongoing, officials said.

Deputy provincial police chief, Col. Abdul Qawi Omari, told Pajhwok Afghan News the Talibaninfo-icon attacked the district centre last night and the ensuing clash was ongoing as of 5pm Sunday afternoon.

He said both the sides suffered casualties but exact figures were not known. He said the insurgents only captured security posts and were unable to further advance.

However, a reliable police source confided to Pajhwok that nine Afghan National Army (ANA) soldiers and two policemen had been killed and some others wounded in the Taliban attack. He said the Taliban-designated district chief for Charchino was also killed during the clashes.

sns/ma

علامت: 

گزارش های مربوطه:


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

تبصره کنيد

اعلانات

Advertisement