Pajhwok Services

SMS News Service

Photo Service

Election Coverage

Special Mining Page

Afghan Peace Process Special Page

Addvertise With Pajhwok

Daily Newsletter

Language
Sending Time (GMT / Kabul time)

Suggest a Story

Pajhwok is interested in your story suggestions. Please tell us your thoughts by clicking here.

Presidential Palace condemns Kabul suicide bombing

Presidential Palace condemns Kabul suicide bombing

By
On
Jul 24, 2017 - 14:08

KABULinfo-icon (Pajhwok): The Presidential Palace has denounced the suicide car bombing that left at least 24 people dead and more than 42 others wounded near Deputy Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Haji Mohammad Mohaqiq’s residence in Kabul on Monday.

The deadly attack -- claimed by the Talibaninfo-icon -- was against Islamic teachings, human rights and civilised norms, President Ashraf Ghani said in a statement from his office, hours after Monday’s bombing.

He added: “The terrorists hell-bent on grave crimes have once again committed an unforgivable act by targeting a minibus, carrying civilian employees, martyring many of them and inflicting injuries on several others.”

The insurgents, having suffered heavy casualties on the battlefield, had resorted to such attacks that proved their cowardice, the president observed. “The criminals have once again proven they always trample on Islamic teachings and human rights.”

Ghani offered his sympathies and condolences to the families of the victims, wishing a speedy recovery for the injured and praying for the departed souls.

MoI Spokesman Najib Danish told reporters at the site the motive behind the attack was yet to be ascertained. However, he said some employees of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum carried by the coaster were among the casualties.

The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack. Zabihullah Mujahid, the group’s spokesman, said two buses carrying officials of the 40th and 90th departments of the National Directorate of Security (NDSinfo-icon) were targeted.

He claimed 37 intelligence agents were killed in the blast. He said the buses had been under Taliban’s surveillance for the past two months.

sns/mud

Tags: 

Related Article


Download “Pajhwok” mobile App, on your smartphone to read and access latest news, features, interviews, videos and photos about Afghanistan.

   

Add new comment

Advertisement

Advertisement

Twitter Update